Simple Healthy Modifications For Making Stew.
The way stew is prepared can easily make it one of the worst diet offenders; the presence of oil and fried meat in most stews is enough to drive calories and fat content overboard.
For a healthier diet here are some simple modifications for stews:
- Eliminate the use of additional oil, meat has lots of naturally occurring oil
- Replace fried meat with roasted meat
- Make use of fresh fish, goat and chicken. These are leaner protein sources
- Add some ponmon to enhance the “meatyness” at lower calories
- Garnish with green vegetables for both a healthier and more appetizing effect
Photo credit: Nigerian Lazy Chef